setting allocation size in cifs/smb3

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:47:53 MDT 2014

wireshark trace sent to jra

Also related strange behavior to Samba 4.1.9 ... It is not just that I
see the allocation size not set when I send an allocation size of 5.4M
for a 2M file.  I see the file size shrunk when I sent the request for
a MUCH smaller size.  I sent a request to set allocation size to
length 10000 and the file size of the 2M file (and interestingly also
allocation size) was set to 1MB..

--
Thanks,

Steve