lib_3p system

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Thu Jul 17 07:45:44 MDT 2014

On 2014-07-17 05:13, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

>>> In that case, what about just naming it lib/third_party or
>>> lib/3rd_party ?

>> lib/ is for the first party libraries.
> It's for both, at least not at the moment.
>
> If you'd like to change that, and have the third party stuff somewhere
> else, can we please call that "third_party/" ? "Libraries" is also
> a misleading name since some of the third party stuff we bundle are
> things like Python modules.

To be honest, I don't care much about lib/ or not, but _3p was
drastically non-obvious to me. The subject looked like the patches were
about a possibly vendor-specific file system or the like (storage
products like 3par would come to mind).

It's not like the few extra characters cost a lot of bandwidth :)

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin