Git Branch to clean up zlib licensing issues.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 16 15:50:07 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 08:08 -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 07:45:27AM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> > > Just the removal of these 4 files.  Given that they are windows .obj
> > files,
> > > I don't think it is a big issue.
> >
> > ENOBRANCH
> >
> > But anything that removes as/400, amiga, os/2 or other
> > system-specific stuff is highly welcome!
>

> http://git.samba.org/?p=ira/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/zlib_removal
>
> -Ira

It is all too late, but I really wish you had not made a claim of a GPL
violation.   A simple reference to a kind request by our distributors to
make Samba more easily comply with their packaging guidelines would have
been sufficient, and won't cause even more time to be wasted raising
erroneous red flags:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#No_inclusion_of_pre-built_binaries_or_libraries

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary.html