Patch to remove zlib.

Fri Jul 11 02:54:35 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 12:46:47PM -0400, Ira Cooper wrote:
> Note: To apply it  unxz it then use git am --ignore-whitespace , otherwise
> you may have issues.  (xz was used to save the list a good bit of space...
> it's over 500k gzipped.)
>
> As far as why: I listened to metze/vl.  I disagree with them.

If we decide to remove zlib and make it a fixed external dependency we
should go the full path and apply the same to at least popt and iniparser
immediately. Next step then would be the wrappers, which are externally
maintained as well. Then after that comes our own 3 libs tdb, talloc,
tevent and possibly ldb. There's one big one that comes after that then,
but which should go as well: Heimdal. It's a slight change in policy,
but a valid one I guess.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de