Patch to remove zlib.

Wed Jul 9 23:17:59 MDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 01:38:52AM +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> If we're going to support two different configurations, I think it
> would be easier to support one with system zlib and one with bundled zlib
> as we do at the moment, rather than librpc with zlib and without zlib.

We have such a flexible build system these days. Why is it
difficult to make it such that we just don't support the AD
DC without zlib? Correct me please if I'm wrong: We depend
on zlib for compressing DRSUAPI data in a Win2k compatible
manner only, that's my understanding. Neither our file
server nor our domain client (winbind) does this. I don't
see why smbd should strictly depend on zlib when it's not
used in that code at all. Please explain!

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de