SMB3 Multi-Channel (Re: What I'm working on)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Jul 7 18:37:45 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 11:26:12AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Volker,

> >> And the attachment...
> >
> > Attached find the same patches with most of them r-b me,
> > very few nit-picks and questions.
>
> Thanks for the review!
> I'll fix the renames from 'conn' into 'xconn' in the next days.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what to do with the
> tsocket_address_string() NULL checks, this is only used for DEBUG()
> statements and they should handle NULL fine.
>
> Should I add something like this?
>
> if (addr == NULL) {
>     addr = "<no memory>";
> }
>
> I'd prefer to avoid this and just pass NULL to DEBUG() which will result
> in something like:
> "<null>" or "(null)".

I'm also concerned about the addition of a talloc_reference()
in smb2_session_channel().

I know it's the same way as it's being done in smb2_session_init(),
but can we get a commitment to move those to a more maintainable
method once this goes in (i.e. I don't want to block it, but
maybe adding a comment that this should eventually be removed
wouldn't be remiss :-).

Jeremy.