No smb_raw_search_next in smb_cliraw.h

Tue Jul 1 07:54:01 MDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 11:04:55AM +0200, Stef Bon wrote:
> I've read the code of your fuse fs. That looks very good and advanced.
> I've been digging in the samba4 code to understand how the sync versus
> async handling works, and find it difficult to understand to be
> frankly.

Well, https://tevent.samba.org/tevent_request.html might be
a start to understanding the async Samba architecture. Once
you got your first steps done, it's actually pretty simple
to use.

> it is a "super" fuse fs, it's meant as manager of different backends
> (nfs using libnfs, smb using libsmbclient or other functions, overlay
> using custom functions).

Ok, your project is much broader than mine. However, using threads with
libraries that are not 100% designed for thread safety (and libsmbclient
definitely is not thread safe) is always scary business for me. To still
get concurrent request handling, I chose the async way of doing things. I
believe that libnfs (you're using Ronnie Sahlberg's libnfs?) also can
do async requests, and with the lowlevel fuse interface it should be
perfectly possible to achieve concurrency without threads.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de