cwrap

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Jan 24 05:50:26 MST 2014

Hi developers,

you probably know that I'm working on improving socket_wrapper, nss_wrapper
and uid_wrapper so that they are preloadable. The advantage of having these
wrappers preloadable is that they work with any binary and also system
libraries (like openldap). We currently try to get them working with MIT KRB5,
but we hit some bugs in socket_wrapper we are investigating right now.

The wrappers are in a state that I would say they are stable enough to be used
inside of Samba. All wrappers have a test coverage above 75%. This should be
improved and we also need new features especially in socket_wrapper. So I
would like to switch to a push-only-with-peer-review model like we have in
Samba. This means I need people who are willing to do at least the review work
:)

I've created a TODO file in the repository of each wrapper if you want to
help!

I will give a talk about cwrap at FOSDEM:
https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/libc_wrapper_project/

Version 1.0.0 of the wrappers will be released that day. Packages will follow
the next days.

A first version of the homepage is online at http://cwrap.org/. I will get
some professional help to improve it till FOSDEM :)

If you want to help with the development or want to learn more about them,
each wrapper needs more test coverage :)

I've started to integrate uid_wrapper in  Samba like it has been requested. I
just need a way to pass the path to the wrapper from waf to selftest.

https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cwrap

Work in progress:
Support for IP_PKTINFO for sendmsg/recvmsg
http://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/socket_wrapper.git/log/?h=recvmsg_pktinfo

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org