ctdb w/ per_ip_routing

William Marshall bmarsh at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 13 14:14:15 MST 2014

Thanks Martin! It works now.

> Which version of CTDB are you running?  The per-ip-routing support has
> been substantially rewritten in the 2.x series.  However, it won't
> directly change the answer since the behaviour hasn't changed much.

Red Hat ships the following in 6.4: (not quite sure how that maps to your
versions, but it's old!)
rpm -qi ctdb
Name        : ctdb                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0.114.3                         Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 3.el6                         Build Date: Thu 08 Sep 2011
03:47:13 PM CDT

> Your LOW and HIGH setting are nice and conservative, so you're unlikely
> to accidentally stomp on any other tables by accident.  However, if you
> add IP addresses in the future and forget to expand that range then you
> might see weird failures.  I'd suggest a wider range somewhere
> between 1000 and 9000...
Thanks. I updated that range.

> Instead of modifying 13.per_ip_routing, does adding the follow to
> per_ip_routing.conf give you what you want?
>
>   10.10.228.49 0.0.0.0/0 10.10.228.1
This seems to be the trick. I can always ping that IP as I move it from
host to host.

-Bill