ctdb w/ per_ip_routing

William Marshall bmarsh at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 10 15:53:05 MST 2014

I am trying to setup ctdb on Red Hat 6.4. The system has 2 interfaces and
I'm want to have some public addresses on each interface. I don't know how
typical it is, but my networks require me to respond to the packets on the
interface they arrived on.

I was able to modify /etc/ctdb/events.d/13.per_ip_routing so that a default
entry was created in addition to the IP route add command that was already
there, but I'd like to know if this change makes sense.

All the IPs on my eth0 (10.10.227.x) were working fine. Today I was adding
a public IP on eth1 (10.10.228.x)

Here's some of the settings I have. Initially I tried the
auto_routing_conf, but that didn't work. It might work now w/ the added
default.

CTDB_PER_IP_ROUTING_CONF="/etc/ctdb/per_ip_routing.conf"
CTDB_PER_IP_ROUTING_TABLE_ID_LOW=240
CTDB_PER_IP_ROUTING_TABLE_ID_HIGH=246
CTDB_PER_IP_ROUTING_RULE_PREF=100
CTDB_PER_IP_ROUTING_DEBUG=yes

# cat /etc/ctdb/per_ip_routing.conf	     (this doesn't have entries for the
other public addresses, since they were routing OK via the default. I will
add them.)
# <public_ip_address> <network> [<gateway>]
10.10.228.49 10.10.228.0/25 10.10.228.1

Initially, I was only getting the 1st line in my route table, I added a
line to the /etc/ctdb/events.d/13.per_ip_routing to create the default
line.
#  ip route show table 241
10.10.228.0/25 via 10.10.228.1 dev eth1
default via 10.10.228.1 dev eth1

I hope someone with more expereience here can tell me if I had an initial
configuration problem, and/or if this change makes sense.

Thanks,

Bill Marshall