How to avoid client timeout.(SMB2 ECHO Request)

sandeep nag sandeepnagamalli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 23:13:25 MST 2014

As Richard mentioned we support only SMB1.

I see the entry ' async smb echo handler'  with value yes/no in smb.conf is
having* no* effect. That is, When when I capture network packet capture
from windows client
with 'async smb echo handler' set to 'yes' by blocking the smbd process
write request, I am not seeing the reply to client 'Echo Request'  pkt from
samba server.

What is the test, I can perform to confirm that  'async smb echo handler'
is working?

Thanks,
Sandeep