pidl: Why do we provide and install perl(Parse::Yapp::Driver)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Feb 27 05:43:58 MST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 01:41:43PM +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Thursday 27 February 2014 13:21:12 Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 01:04:02PM +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > > why do we provide and install perl(Parse::Yapp::Driver)?
> > >
> > > Can we remove it?
> >
> > IDL.pm (which is generated by yapp from idl.yp) uses it. If we don't ship
> > Parse::Yapp::Driver, then everybody who uses the installed pidl
> > needs to install yapp. This affects all OpenChange users building from
> > source.
> > > If no, can we add --with-perl-yapp to install it and the default is no to
> > > use the system version?
> >
> > s/no/not/ ? I think it would be great if waf could try to find
> > Parse::Yapp::Driver and not install it if it is already present on the
> > system, possibly integrated with the --with-bundled flag.
>
> Ok, I will check if it is installed in the system or you specify --without-
> pidl-yapp-driver.

Can you integrate it with --with-bundled ? That way, specifying
--with-bundled=NONE can be used to forbid any bundling whatsoever
(which is what distributions generally want).

See source4/heimdal_build/wscript_configure:200 for an example of
how I did this for the heimdal system binaries.

Cheers,

Jelmer