Guidance for GSOC 14

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Mon Feb 24 09:24:07 MST 2014

On Monday 24 February 2014 00:13:55 Aayush Anand wrote:
> hii,

Hi,

> This is Aayush, a second year B.Tech student. I am highly interested in
> working for open source software. But I am also not much exposed to this
> world of open software. So I require a little guidance.
>
> I am also looking for this year GSOC and I know, I would be having to work
> much harder to compete. For that, I am ready but what i require is little
> guidance like from where I should start. If I assess myself, i find my self
> very much confident in C and my knowledge of algorithms. Apart from this
> is my strong point is php and web development. But I was not much exposed
> to GITHUB before last few days.

I think you should start learning git (not github).

http://www.git-scm.com/book/

> So, please take some time of your busy schedule and guide me that what
> actually I should do now to increase my chances of selection.. For this, I
> will be highly obliged.

Then you should look of the ideas we have. I've you're interested in a
particular idea, start looking at the code or ask where to look first.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SoC/Ideas

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org