Patch for VFS Example

Dustin Oprea myselfasunder at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 15:20:46 MST 2014

It looks like the "skel-opaque" VFS example needs to be fixed. I'm not sure
how this function would've ever been called (
("init_samba_module", "samba_init_module", and "init_module" seem to be the
only names that would've ever been acceptable), and the name-type literal
implies that this example was just copied from the "transparent" example.

Original:

NTSTATUS vfs_skel_transparent_init(void)
{
    return smb_register_vfs(SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION, "skel_transparent",
&skel_transparent_fns);
}

Updated:

NTSTATUS init_samba_module(void)
{
    return smb_register_vfs(SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION, "skel_opaque",
&skel_transparent_fns);
}

This is probably obvious to anyone who has experience in building VFS
modules, but not so much for those of us who'd like to do a simple example.

Can I submit a patch?

Also, the *http://www.samba.org/~sharpe/The-Samba-VFS.pdf
<http://www.samba.org/~sharpe/The-Samba-VFS.pdf>* document seems to no
longer be accurate in how to configure/build VFS modules. Can it be updated
(I'd update it, but I don't see how I could), or is there a better
alternative somewhere else?

Dustin