Removal of support for systems without /dev/urandom.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Feb 22 01:57:16 MST 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 03:46 +0000, Ira Cooper wrote:
> I'd like a 2nd reviewer, and a general signoff "Yes, we are ok ditching
> support for those old systems."
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ira

We now always build with Kerberos, so why not make it the responsibility
of the kerberos library?  (We will need that part to work anyway).

Heimdal has krb5_generate_random_block which does not require any
library set up, and MIT has krb5_c_random_make_octets but which needs a
krb5 context.

Or we could make the test be Heimdal or /dev/urandom for simplicity.

The Heimdal sources seem to indicate alternate possible devices
of /dev/srandom and /dev/arandom for what it's worth.

Thoughts?