samba4 success/failure report...all's working despite kerberized ssh

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 01:48:01 MST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 08:33:26AM +0000, Georg Hopp wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> first of all thank for the very quick responses and valuable hints.
> Sadly it is still not working although the problem has changed
> slightly... and for me it has become more puzzling.
>
> @Chan Min Wai:
>
> I've browsed that page. To me it seems not related to my current problem.
> I have sssd working, I can log into accounts stored into the AD on
> the linux boxes. What I want to achive now is ssh into the other machine
> with the kerberos tickit I already have, so that I don't have to enter
> the pasword again. I cannot find hints about this on this page.
>
> @steve and Summit:
>
> I was now able to add mail and www via a samba3 net ads join to the
> directory. And both look now like this:

did you remove the old keytab on mail before joining? Because typically
only new entries are added to a keytab but old ones are rarely removed.
Additionally I'm not sure if sshd looks for keytab entries starting with
HOST/... as well or only for host/...?

If you are using a recent MIT Kerberos version on the client you might
want to try

KRB5_TRACE=/dev/stdout ssh -vvv -4 -p 2222 mail.weird-web-workers.org

which might give more details about what libkrb5 on the client tries to
do.

bye,
Sumit