samba4 success/failure report...all's working despite kerberized ssh

Georg Hopp georg at steffers.org
Tue Feb 18 08:39:37 MST 2014

Thanks for the hint steve. I tried a little in that way.

On gentoo there is the client useflag if you build the client support.

Anyway, it would build a large part of the server part too, AFAIK.
Especially problematic to me is that still the dependence to
Heimdal is there.

This dependency was the reason why I created an own container for
the DC because other packages have a strict dependency on
MIT-KRB5 (for example sssd).

I can install a samba3 client with it's net tool, but this won't
have a net ads command which might be neccessary to add the linux
machine to the domain. (If I understand this correct.)

So I really would appreciate a reliable way to add a linux client
to the AD/KDC domain without installing any samba thing on it.

best regards
  Georg