[Announce] Samba 4.0.15 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Feb 18 03:02:36 MST 2014

					"Housework can't kill you,
					 but why take a chance?

					 Phyllis Diller

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of Samba 4.0.

Changes since 4.0.14:
---------------------

o   Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
    * BUG 10259: Make shadow_copy2 module working with Windows 7.

o   Alistair Leslie-Hughes <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com>
    * BUG 10087: ntlm_auth sometimes returns the wrong username to
      mod_ntlm_auth_winbind.

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 2662: Make revamped directory handling code 64bit clean.
    * BUG 10358: Fix 100% CPU utilization in winbindd when trying to free
      memory in winbindd_reinit_after_fork.
    * BUG 10429: s3: modules: streaminfo: As we have no VFS function
      SMB_VFS_LLISTXATTR we can't cope with a symlink when lp_posix_pathnames()
      is true.

o   Christian Ambach <ambi at samba.org>
    * BUG 0280: s3:winbindd: Fix use of uninitialized variables.

o   Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
    * BUG 10418: Fix INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in the kdc pid.

o   Jeffrey Clark <dude at zaplabs.com>
    * BUG 10418: Add support for Heimdal's unified krb5 and hdb plugin system.

o   Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 2191: s3-winbind: Improve performance of wb_fill_pwent_sid2uid_done().
    * BUG 10415: smbd: Fix memory overwrites.
    * BUG 10436: smbd: Fix an ancient oplock bug.

o   Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 10442: Fix crash bug in smb2_notify code.

o   Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org>
    * BUG 10418: Cope with first element in hdb_method having a different name
      in different heimdal versions.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.0 product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.0.15.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy