[Samba] NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND after installing the last git version
kai at samba.org
Tue Feb 18 02:49:28 MST 2014
On 2014-02-18 10:18, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 09:13:35PM +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 23:21 +1100, Alain Foucher wrote:
>>> Did i miss some issues ?
>> Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
> Attached find a patchset that reverts the offending code. As
> I don't have the time today to deal with this in an
> appropriate manner, please review & push this until we have
> a resolution for the problem this code causes.
I'd -1 these patches, but Andreas beat me to the review and +1ed them.
The main questions raised by this issue for me are:
* Auth code is tricky, but it does have a lot of tests. Why didn't they
* The last time I changed this code to support unixid-mappings instead
of plain uid/gid-specific mappings, I made fairly similar changes. I
still didn't catch the problem with the patches. Can the auth code be
simplified so the implications of changing it are better understood?
And last but not least a more personal question about code reviews and
reverts like this: How can we resolve things like that without leaving
the reviewer feeling like he wasted a lot of time on a review? I feel
silly enough not having caught the problem, but now I also feel like I
could have just spend the time I spent on the review drawing fluffy pink
unicorns and be more productive that way.
I for one don't feel like spending more time trying to follow up on this
issue now that the code is on the way out of master anyway. I also feel
like I'll rather practice my unicorn drawing skills than reviewing code
I can't care about enough to drop everything I'm doing and debug
potential issues before the 10-minutes-to-revert window has passed.
Worldforge developer http://www.worldforge.org/
Wine developer http://wiki.winehq.org/KaiBlin
Samba team member http://www.samba.org/samba/team/
More information about the samba-technical