Removing the NT_STATUS_HAVE_NO_MEMORY_AND_FREE macro

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Feb 17 18:37:31 MST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:12:44PM +0200, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> While I agree with Volker on the subject of sweeping changes, this
> particular change does not seem all that sweeping to me, it affects less
> than 10 files. I am also of the opinion that return in a macro is awful,
> and would sacrifice code beauty for easy of debugging and safety of use any
> day, sorry, Kamen, so on these grounds at least I think the patches are
> OK...

I agree. These changes don't really fit the definition
of sweeping to me, only change an implicit return-and-free
to an explicit return-and-free so because of that don't
really muddy the ownership chain very much in git blame.

So I think they're ok. They're not *necessary* of course,
but they do clean up the code IMHO so just for that
I'd give them a +1.

Jeremy.