automated gerrit review

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 17 01:06:56 MST 2014

I wanted a way I could do a gerrit review in the same way I use the
git-review tool posted here by Martin a few weeks ago.

This script, which I would love to see improved, uses the gerrit command
line interface to upload a new patch set, and to mark it reviewed.  It
first tries to rebase on gerrit/master, but also tries to cope with the
annoying behaviour of gerrit in not accepting unchanged patches, by
instead reviewing the patches directly from gerrit.

It seems to work well for new patches, and OK (sometimes) for patches
already in gerrit.

Thoughts/comments very welcome.