Removing the NT_STATUS_HAVE_NO_MEMORY_AND_FREE macro

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Sun Feb 16 16:58:31 MST 2014

Frankly said, I see no real value in removing those macros.
I *do* agree that changing code flow in a  macros is generally
bad practice and makes code hard to follow. In this case though
it is not like there are many many such macros defined. I think
we have under 10 of those kind I think :)

Garmin, as far as understood you have used a script to make
most of NT_STATUS_HAVE_NO_MEMORY_AND_FREE.
If could have it done by hand though, I am sure that you you'd
have noticed how bothersome is that for future coder :)

And I also think, that this not only makes the code little uglier.
It also makes it harder to follow - now one need to look after
at least two kind of "if" - 1) for memory checks; 2) for function
real logic.

With best regards,
Kamen