rfc2307

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 10:09:03 MST 2014

On 14/02/14 15:33, Chan Min Wai wrote:
> Dear Rowland,
>
> Just to check.
> Can winbind just use the Sid (maybe the truncated Sid) from windows as the uid and Gid?
>
> Isn't that a much simpler approach?

The simplest approach is to add uidNumber's and gidNumber's to the users
& groups in AD, then add the program that I am not allowed to talk
about. This, with the AD builtin winbind, seems to work perfectly, you
can set ACL's etc from a windows machine i.e. you can use the AD server
as a fileserver, for storing home directories and profiles.

Rowland