shadow_copy2_realpath() snapshot path component removal

Fri Feb 14 02:03:45 MST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 12:30:33AM +0100, David Disseldorp wrote:

> > > Of course it is, but that is not the point. Users get very unhappy
> > > when it does not behave the way it behaves on Windows.
> >
> > New test case please inside smbtorture4 ! That way we can at least know when
> > we're working :-).
>
> Sadly, testing of snapshot IO against a Windows server is difficult to
> automate. The only mechanism to trigger a snapshot remotely via SMB is
> using FSRVP, and AFAICT on Windows FSRVP created snapshots are not
> exposed for access via previous file version (@GMT/timewarp token)
> requests.

It would be perfectly fine to write a test that is run
manually against Windows after some specific manual setup.
This test can then be automated against Samba by faking some
artificial snapshot directory structure in the test
environment.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de