adapt pam_winbin.c to deal with later iniparser versions

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Feb 11 09:55:48 MST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:14:47AM +0000, Noel Power wrote:

> I don't think it's as unconstrained as you might think, strstrip is an
> internal function and afaics internally all strings iniparser uses are
> size bound by ASCIILINESZ and thus should be safe.

Sure, but it's *really* bad coding practice.
Essentially it creates a function that is a complete
trap if *ever* used externally inside the iniparser
sandbox.

I don't think code should be written like that.

> seems similar code does exist, see (master) src/iniparser/strlib.c (
> strcrop & strstrip )

Oh dear :-(.

> so be it then

No, what this means is "let's fix it upstream in
iniparser" (because I hope you agree this is *horrible*
code) and then let's re-merge.

Don't be so black and white !

Jeremy.