Rename remaining lp variables and functions to be more consistent with their parameter name

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Feb 9 23:07:37 MST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 06:55 +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 2014-02-10 at 15:34 +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > I fetched your branch and started reviewing.
> > > I will first push the innocuous renames,
> > > proceeding with the more involved patches afterwards.
> >
> > Just to let you know that Kamen just reviewed these for me, and I've got
> > them in autobuild:
>
> Thanks for the heads-up!
>
> > He also reviewed the first addition of the generator, but I would like
> > to wait to push that till we get the rest of the generator reviewed.
>
> I rebased the param5 branch on top of that.
> The only conflict was that the patch 9f2e6f532d085d864f4
> seems to have added .upper().

Correct, by special request of Kamen.  He hasn't lost his touch and had
some really good questions for me while doing the reviews!

> Regarding the genrator: What is the "first addition" and what is
> "the rest"?

"param: auto generate param_functions.c at build time" is the first
change to use the generator, the remaining additions are the following
patches touching generator-param.py.  As previously mentioned, a small
waf dependency issue is exposed in parallel builds (make -j) by this
commit, and resolved when the last of the perl scripts is removed.  We
spent a considerable amount of time trying to solve it, and settled on
asking that they all be pushed as one set.

> I have already got a question:
>
> In patch "param: auto generate param_functions.c at build time"
> the script script/generate_param.py is added.
> Its boilerplate comment says "Copyright (C) 2014 Catalyst.Net Ltd".
> Is that the intention, or should that rather be Garmings (and
> your) copyright?

The copyright is correct.  This is Garming's paid work and so Catalyst
IT (Catalyst.Net Ltd) owns copyright.