How to avoid client timeout.(SMB2 ECHO Request)

sandeep nag sandeepnagamalli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 00:13:00 MST 2014

@Richard: Thank you, for the reply.

Yes, sometimes in cases where box is in space-out situation, back-end
write/truncate does take more that 60 sec in our back-end.
Now in such scenarios where back-end is taking long time  > 60 sec, can we
keep the samba connection alive by responding to Echo SMB2/CIFS client
packets.
Can we do this in VFS plugin reply function such as
ocafs_ocafs_reply_commom().

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com