How to avoid client timeout.(SMB2 ECHO Request)

sandeep nag sandeepnagamalli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 23:00:59 MST 2014

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc246540.aspx

There is write/truncate request from the client and processing in samba VFS
plugin is taking longer time(which is expected as per our VFS plugin
processing time).
The client meanwhile sends many SMB ECHO requests
(every 30 seconds (not sure)). However, they sit in the socket because the
smbd
is now stuck and will only process the ECHOs after the truncate. Because
of this, I am seeing client time outs.

If the ECHO could be responded promptly, then the client would not time.
How can this be done, please guide me in implementing/coding/undertanding
this.

Thanks,
Sandeep.