Quest of SUSE 10 with Server2k8 AD authentication

Danie Wessels Danie.Wessels at pbmr.co.za
Tue Feb 4 08:37:39 MST 2014

Great, thanks Franz

I have found http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7007836
How to update to Samba 3.4 on SLES10 SP3 and SP4

I am backing up before I try it... for incase I mess it up.

Also from https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-October/075982.html
> wbinfo --set-auth-user=Administrator%password ????
NEVER do this.   ...  {Now I have cleared this!!!}

We also have in  /etc/nsswitch.conf  :
passwd: compat winbind
group: compat
hosts: files dns
 - which I don't understand yet... compat?

Regards
Danie W

Cc: samba-technical at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: Quest of SUSE 10 with Server2k8 AD authentication

Hi Danie,
do not spend any time in Samba 3.0.x, it will not work in cause of the sealed connections between the Samba-Server and the AD.
Upgrade to something newer.
there is a special repo for sles 10 sp1 with samba 3.4.3 called SLES10-GPLv3-Extras.
regards
Franz

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Danie Wessels <Danie.Wessels at pbmr.co.za> wrote:
Hi

:
AD users and groups are not updated locally nor authenticated on AD
i.e. cannot login.

Main problem seem to be wbinfo logon Errors on both.
NT code 0xc0000388 (0xc0000388)
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE (0xc000006d)

Regards
Danie W

The perusal, use, dissemination, copying or storing of this message or its attachments and the opening of attachments is subject to PBMR's standard email disclaimer available at internet address: http://www.pbmr.com/index.asp?Content=233 - Disclaimer or on request from the sender.