Quest of SUSE 10 with Server2k8 AD authentication

Danie Wessels Danie.Wessels at pbmr.co.za
Mon Feb 3 06:40:48 MST 2014

Hi

I am trying to revive AD user authentication from a 2008 server {PDC} for 2 Suse VMs and after a couple of days (and a lot of learning :^) ) are still running into problems on sambaclient 3 (Version 3.0.24-2.23-1296-SUSE-CODE10). Could you please help me find the problem in the config / set up. Due to policy (not AD but the official kind) I cannot / may not readily change or upgrade software and thus need to get this going again. Before I started on this some PDC had changed roles and where removed.

wbinfo -u and -i and -n and -g and kinit and klist seem to work ok

But on machine 1:
---
smbclient -L {PDC} -U {someAdminUser}
{UnSuccessfully reports after SYSVOL}
Error connecting to {PDC SERVER IP} (Connection refused)
Connection to {PDC} failed
NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available

But in /etc/samba/smb.conf (also for machine 2)
disable netbios = no

wbinfo --get-auth-user
{DOMAIN}/{someAdminUser}%{password}

{someAdminUser} was also added as a local user on machine 1

where as on machine 2:
--------
smbclient -L {PDC} -U {someAdminUser}
{Successfully reports all}
wbinfo --get-auth-user
No authorised user configured

Problem:
--------
AD users and groups are not updated locally nor authenticated on AD
i.e. cannot login.

Main problem seem to be wbinfo logon Errors on both.
NT code 0xc0000388 (0xc0000388)
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE (0xc000006d)

Regards
Danie W

The perusal, use, dissemination, copying or storing of this message or its attachments and the opening of attachments is subject to PBMR's standard email disclaimer available at internet address: http://www.pbmr.com/index.asp?Content=233 - Disclaimer or on request from the sender.