allow dns updates on samba4

Carlos Miguel Bustillo Rdguez cbustillo at uclv.edu.cu
Sat Feb 1 09:49:52 MST 2014

Hi Stefan:

> Yes, the secure dns updates use kerberos and need synchronized clocks.
>
> Have a look at https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_NTP.

My problem was associated with time sync. My clients are able to login,
but sometimes the time sync not occur when join the workstation to domain.

When I sync time manually the dynamic dns updates are successful.

Dynamic dns updates work correctly in both backends (internal dns and
bind_dlz). Actually I am using bind_dlz backend. Sometime PTR record
don't added when join a workstation to my domain.

I following the steps in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_NTP,
but I have a doubt in section "Permissions, SELinux Labeling and Policy"
is necessary to do the steps described in Debian?? I don't use SELinux.

Regards, Carlos