Samba Member Servers dropping out of the domain

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:15:14 MST 2014

All the password changes should be updated to secrets.tdb after changing at
DC. And yes if we failed to update the secrets.tdb we are not reverting the
password at DC. I did not find any reason other than "TDB corruptions" that
can cause this situation. Looks like TBD file state is good as you were
able to dump the secrets.

Also it could a case where there are multiple DCs in the same site(or
domain) and Samba server just updated one of them. If secrets check against
different DC whose database is not yet synced with peers. But clearly this
looks like password mismatch for machine account in DC.

Thanks,
Hemanth.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe at gmail.com