Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Dec 12 14:47:24 MST 2014

On 2014-12-12 at 21:11 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 12/12/14 20:52, Michael Adam wrote:
> >
> >I am really sorry that you are frustrated.
> >Pleas keep on!
>
> Frustrated might just be an understatement :-D

I think that might also partly stem from the fact that that
this kind of troubleshooting/support is extremely difficult
to do via email.

Interactive support via Irc / chat / voice / shared screen/tmux
session is much better for stuff like that.

> >We do try to document stuff, but clusters with
> >ctdb is still an area that is not done by
> >the average admin. And there are not so many
> >people working on the code, so as usual,
> >documentation sadly lacks behind.
> >
> >Someone like you, who with the help of us devs
> >finally gets to a working system, might help
> >us in the end to improve the docs! :-)
>
> ER, thats why I am trying to get to work, then I can update the samba wiki.

Cool! Keep it up! :-)

> >That being said, there is documentation out
> >there, but not necessarily terribly up to date,
> >and not precisely what you want.
>
> Yes, I think I have read most of it :-)

Ok... so far so good.

> Setting up the cluster on Debian seems to be easier than on redhat, I don't
> have to compile anything.

Well, that's not the case any more.
And there the RPMs by SerNet if you don't
want to go with the distro versions.

> The problems only start when I try to setup CTDB.

Ok, I suggest, you move over to email
and try to grab one one of us in the
#ctdb (and/or #samba-technical) channel
and do stuff interactively.