TDB mutex support breaks CTDB

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Dec 11 02:03:37 MST 2014

On 2014-12-11 at 15:50 +1100, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> Hi Volker/Metze,
>
> The TDB robust mutex changes make certain assumptions which completely
> breaks CTDB.  Here are some of the findings which are causing concern.

> 3. CTDB database recovery uses transactions to update the databases after
> recovery.  With TDB_MUTEX_LOCKING enabled, CTDB cannot do database recovery.

I'd say we either need a special mode in which
transactions are allowed on non-persistent dbs.
Or else we could try to use something similar
as we recently did for the gencache-stabilization
code in samba, where we replaced the transaction
on the non-persistent tdb by an all-record lock.

https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=35fd2ca4984b3a1a8bbcb5c1c9e0d724e3c63d80

Michael