registry config not being updated on one of my clusters ... how do I troubleshoot this

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:22:24 MST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM, ronnie sahlberg
> <ronniesahlberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe you are running a different smbd binary on that node?
>>
>> Check with 'ls -l /proc/<smbd-pid>/exe' on both nodes.
>>
>> This should give you the exact path to the binary that is running.
>> Verify that this is the same path on both nodes   and then check with
>> md5sum on the two nodes and verify that they are exactly the same.
>
> The md5 sum is the same on both nodes, but it is also the same on the
> two known working nodes.
>
> Back to single stepping the code to see what is going wrong.
>
> At some point it should contact ctdb I imagine when it opens the registry file.

Yeah, or a little before.

I think should be contacting ctdb somewhat before it opens the registry file.
When running in clustered mode it gets the paths to use for all the
tdb files from the ctdb daemon.

A final quick question,    did you restart smbd after you had enabled
clustering in the config file
or might it be that the main smbd daemon that is running is an
instance from before you setup ctdb ?