%{_libdir}/ctdb-tests

Amitay Isaacs amitay at samba.org
Wed Dec 10 04:40:42 MST 2014

Hi Metze,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
wrote:

> Hi Amitay,
>
> do we really need to install the test binaries into
> %{_libdir}/ctdb-tests/ (and scripts to %{_datadir}/ctdb-tests/)?
>
> We typically don't install stuff like this
> and use install=False.
>
> Are these things useful outside of make test?

Martin and I usually run the tests on virtual samba clusters and to do that
we need to package the tests and related binaries/scripts as RPM.  We have
autobuild like testing that runs various ctdb branches every night.  This
includes building ctdb packages, creating virtual clusters and running
tests.  And we would not like to lose the ability to do this.  This
includes the ability to package ctdb independently (standalone build) and
the ability to create ctdb-tests package.

We can potentially split the install of test scripts/binaries into a
separate waf target which will avoid building test binaries as part of
default install.

Amitay.