Setting up CTDB on OCFS2 and VMs ...

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Tue Dec 9 12:42:26 MST 2014

On 2014-12-09 at 18:51 +0100, steve wrote:
> On 09/12/14 18:46, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> >
> >So, I already have two clusters working, one on OCFS2 and the other on
> >our file system.
> >
> >Since I am helping to develop a product that must expand to three and
> >above node clusters, your little cluster methodology is about as
> >interesting as Mozart's Requiem is to a man who is dying.
> >
> Please try not to get so upset. We are discussing a piece of software. We
> have no cluster methodology. The problems which you have overlooked

Er, what problems has Richard overlooked?
Rather has he treated and solved problems that you
have ignored or overlooked, as it seems to me.

> are outlined in the post that we sent to you.

Are you referring to the blog post you sent earlier?
This one:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/samba4-cluster-for-ad-drbd-ocfs2-ctdb.html

That one quite frankly does not seem to share a lot of insight or
valuable information for someone seeking to solve problems with
in a cluster setup.

> They were written by the ctdb developer.

Er... by whom?

Michael