Help regarding compilation of vscan-vfs module with samba-4.1.0

Tue Dec 9 05:18:18 MST 2014

Hello!

The VFS has changed significantly between 3.5 and 4.1. I
would suggest that you go through the VFS operations and
adapt them accordingly. I'm sorry, but we don't provide VFS
compatibility between major revisions of smbd.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 11:20:22AM +0000, Amancio Tarrito wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am Amancio Tarrito and I require help in compiling my vscan-vfs module with samba-4.1.0. I have my own vscan-vfs module that is working well with samba-3.5.4 on RHEL6(64-bit). I am able to compile my vscan-vfs module source code with source3 of samba-3.5.4. Also the corresponding vscan-vfs module is working correctly. When I get the callback of filepath in my vscan-vfs module I scan that file for virus infection and accordingly take the action.
> However I am unable to compile my vscan-vfs module source code with samba-4.1.0 on RHEL7(64-bit). I have tried to compile my vscan-vfs module source code with source3 and spource4 of samba-4.1.0, But I am getting lot of errors. So kindly advice me about the procedure and changes to compile vfs-modulesource code with samba-4.1.0.
> Any suggestion/advice/Link is highly appreciated. I am kindly waiting for the reply.
> Thanks & Regards,Amancio Tarrito.

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de