SHARED MODULES BROKEN pdb: Increase version number to fix ABI

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Dec 5 02:43:56 MST 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 09:56 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2014 11:08:06 Garming Sam wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
>
> Hi Garming,
>

> > Does the attached patch fix the issues you have?
> >
> > So far, I've mostly just tested what was mentioned below but I thought I
> > should get back to you.
>
> yes, this fixes the issue but I don't think this is the right way to do it!

Can you explain why you don't think it is the right way?

This approach allows the subsystem to remain named pdb (otherwise all
the init functions have to update, the on-disk directories have to
update etc), while the subsystem becomes part of the on-disk library
samba-passdb.

Indeed, had we done this the first time, we wouldn't have needed to
update the other dependencies, which was an oversight.

> Alexander spent quite some time fixing the pdb mess so we are able to build an
> external pdb module which is needed for FreeIPA. I think this will break it
> again!
>

> So this is a NAK on the patch until Alexander says otherwise :)

Can you please test if this is or is not the case, rather than
hand-waving?

Thanks,