Latest leases patchset - getting there !

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Dec 4 22:57:31 MST 2014

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 11:46:36AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 10:20:05AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 02:20:51AM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > > Hi Jeremy,
> > >
> > > here's the patchset I'd propose for master.
> > >
> > > Please review and push.
> >
> > Metze and Volker - here is a simple v2 leases rename test
> > and fix for smbd.
> >
> > Please review and push - I think we need this
> > for 4.2.0 as well.
>
> Fixed version... :-).
>
> Correctly cope with renaming multiple lease handles
> open on the same fileid :-).

New turbo enhanced version :-).

With leases you can have multiple RH
lease handles, and if one of them renames
the file you must break to a R lease,
*and wait for the client response before
doing the rename*.

This means that I had to make SMB2 setinfo
async for the SMB2_FILE_RENAME_INFORMATION_INTERNAL
call.

Full patch that goes on top of master attached,
includes enhanced smb2.lease.v2_rename test
that shows the above behavior (we pass it :-).

Please review and push (or comment :-).

Thanks !

Jeremy.