RAFT and CTDB

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:22:34 MST 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:09 PM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> On 03/12/14 22:46, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>

>>> And you can have more than one node up at the same time. Is that what
>>> your setup does too?
>>

>> Indeed. Both nodes are up at this very instant
>

> Is it better to have both nodes up at the same time? It doesn't seem to make
> much difference here. Unless we have a big jpg.

The whole point of CTDB is so that more than one node can be up at the
same time and the load is shared across those multiple nodes.

Do try to keep up.

A big jpg should not make any difference because a single client only
connects to single member of the cluster.

The difference it makes is that a cluster of nodes, all of which are
up at the same time, can handle a larger number of clients than a
single node can and there is some evidence that CTDB scales reasonably
well with respect to throughput as well.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe