Preliminary success with OCFS2 and CTDB 2.5.4

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:38:55 MST 2014

Hi folks,

Despite the vehement statements by some people on this list, I have
gotten the ctdb ping_pong test to work with OCFS2 and CTDB 2.5.4 on
CentOS 6.6.

On one member:

    [root at ocfs2-1 rsharpe]# ping_pong -rw /shared/ctdb/reclock 3
    data increment = 1
    ^C  3079 locks/sec
    [root at ocfs2-1 rsharpe]# ping_pong -rw /shared/ctdb/reclock 3
    data increment = 2
    ^C   277 locks/sec

One the other member:

    [root at ocfs2-2 ~]# ping_pong -rw /shared/ctdb/reclock 3
    data increment = 1
    data increment = 2
    data increment = 1
    ^C  3150 locks/sec

The last lock rate was after I stopped the ping_pong command on the
first member. I was getting around 270 when ping_pong was running on
both nodes.

Do those locking rates look reasonable?

Now to get ctdb and Samba really working.

(Details of what I had to do available upon request)

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe