Is "Disjoint Namespace" fully functional?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:26:55 MDT 2014

BTW, after editing "station-2" /etc/hosts file back to (no disjoint
namespace):

---
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.20 station-2.realm.company.com station-2
---

It got registered correctly under "*.realm.company.com" DNS Zone but, that
is not what I need/want... I just did that to check if the domain DNS
updates for "real.company.com" was okay, and it is... Look:

---
root at station-2:~# net ads join -U tmartins%SENHA
Using short domain name -- DOMAIN
Joined 'STATION-2 to dns domain 'realm.company.com'
---

No errors appeared, "station-2" is at "DNS Manager" "realm.company.com"
list but, no Disjoint Namespace...    :-(

-
 Thiago