How to tell "net ads join" to ignore IPv6 Privacy Extensions address?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:22:46 MDT 2014

Guys,

Currently, my Corporate Network is powered by a dual-stacked net, using
SLAAC.

The problem is, our Ubuntu stations and servers are configured by default,
to make use of "IPv6 Privacy Extensions / "net.ipv6.conf.all.use_tempaddr =
2"" but, then, when I join a station/server to the domain, all IPv6s
address of that station/server got registered at the Samba DNS realm/zone.

But this is undesirable (right?), since those temporary IPv6 address
disappear from time to time and the DNS got bloated too fast.

I need a way to tell "net ads join", to ignore all "IPv6 with *scope global
temporary dynamic*" address, is that possible?

NOTE: I don't want to disable IPv6 Privacy Extensions from my network.

Thanks!
Thiago