cthon failure

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Aug 26 10:12:46 MDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 09:04:21PM -0500, Steve French wrote:
> I can create a bug but the problem is pretty straightforward

Why can't I reproduce it ?

> [2014/08/25 14:12:33.849169,  1]
> ../source3/smbd/file_access.c:191(can_set_delete_on_close)
>   can_set_delete_on_close: file newfile1 delete on close flag set but
> file attribute is readonly.

Who is setting the file attribute readonly ? Show
me the entire trace please. Or alternatively, you
could JUST GIVE ME WHAT I ASKED FOR !!!!!

(I'm getting frustrated Steve, because your
refusal to give me the data I'm asking for
is delaying me fixing this - if it's a server
bug).

Is the client code doing it ? If so, then the bug is
in the client - *don't do that*. When talking on a
connection with UNIX extensions why are *any* DOS
attributes getting set ?

Jeremy.