RC2 for third_party.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Aug 25 08:09:58 MDT 2014

Hi Simo,

>> I thought I was pretty clear:
>> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2014-July/101236.html
>
> Sorry metze but asking for an explicit ACK is like putting a veto on
> something, we have no rules to allow vetos from any team member, so I do
> not think such requests have any standing when there are enough explicit
> acks.

We also don't have any review rules (for master) at all yet. Currently
it's just best practice.

But if someone would tell me he wants to review patches, on a topic
we're currently
discussing, I'd keep discussing and explicitly ask this person to get
feedback.
Retrying a few times before asking others how to deal with this situation.
I would not declare such a request invalid just because we don't have a
rule for it...

metze