[Patch] fix IDL hang V2

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Aug 21 05:01:28 MDT 2014

On 07/08/14 12:22, Noel Power wrote:
> Hi,
>
> issuing
>
> ./pidl/pidl --header --ndr-parser -- foo.idl
>
> will cause pidl to hang, the attached patch prevents the recursion that
> triggers that. Note: I compared the contents of
> bin/default/librpc/gen_ndr before and after the patch and the contents
> are identical
>
> Noel
Note previous version had a bug, attached in a newer version, and also
less error-filled example idl(s) ( one that can be used with midl, one
with pidl). As previously mentioned it appears such a recursive
structure arrangement seems to cause MIDL to barf [1], I still don't
believe that is a reason for pidl to similarly fail (or hang), note:
also the ndr marshall/unmarshall generated work fine

Noel

[1]
Processing c:\idlout\foo-midl.idl
foo-midl.idl
c:\idlout\foo-midl.idl(4) : error MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting a
type spe
cification near "baz"
c:\idlout\foo-midl.idl(5) : error MIDL2026 : cannot recover from earlier
syntax
errors; aborting compilation