CIFS module build verification system

Pavel Shilovsky pshilovsky at samba.org
Wed Aug 20 01:32:59 MDT 2014

> Hi,
>
> During the second part of the GSoC program of this year I has been
> working on build verification system for CIFS kernel module.
>
> Now, I got the system ready to test module with Cthon and XFS test
> suites. Both suites has some tests (that are not working with CIFS)
> disabled. I was trying to make it easier to add new test suites
> further.
>
> The system is based on bash scripts that can be run from cron. The
> scripts automatically pull the recent changes from the predefined git
> repository, build the module and run tests against it.
>
> The git repo for build verification system scripts:
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/piastry/public/?p=cifs-tests.git;a=summary
>
> The git repo for patched Cthon tests (merged by Steve Dickson into his tree):
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/piastry/public/?p=cthon04.git;a=summary
>
> The git repo for patched XFS tests:
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/piastry/public/?p=xfstests.git;a=summary

Hi Steve, David,

Thank you for your notes and suggestions!

Do you understand right that I can squash David's commit (started with
"SQUASH") into my patch?

Not sure about group file. CIFS (as NFS) doesn't have it's own tests
now. Do you mean to add "test/cifs" directory with an empty (except a
commented header) group file inside (to let us add cifs specific tests
in future)?

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.