cthon failure

Pavel Shilovsky piastryyy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:05:47 MDT 2014

> Noticed that even with Unix Extensions on cifs mount that Samba
> refuses to delete a file in this scenario (locally and presumably over
> nfs it still works since it is in cthon suite).  This causes
> connectathon special tests to fail
>
> touch newfile
> chmod 0000 newfile
> rm newfile
>
> (works locally but samba rejects)
>
> Samba 4.1 rejects posix unlink (set path info) STATUS_CANNOT_DELETE
> then client falls back to SMB unlink which fails.  STATUS_CANNOT_DELETE
> then client falls back to a set path info of file info basic which
> also fails STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
>
> Will do quick test with Samba master when build completes - but does
> this server unlink bug look familiar (or am I missing an smb.conf that
> I have forgotten about)?

Steve,

I faced with exactly the same problem during my testing.

This behavior appears after setting

"store dos attributes = Yes"

in smb.conf. Without this option all Cthon tests passes fine.

I am using Samba 4.1.7 version (Ubuntu version from Jelmer's ppa
https://launchpad.net/~jelmer/+archive/ubuntu/samba-backports).

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky.