Removing the original params.c parser

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Fri Aug 15 09:29:30 MDT 2014

Chris,

On 2014-08-15 at 10:00 -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> On 08/15/2014 04:19 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> :
> > Chris:  I know this is particularly difficult for you, but even for code
> > that needs as little attention as this, it is important that it be
> > consistent style-wise with the rest of the codebase.  This applies even
> > in this case, where it came before these conventions and so much else in
> > Samba.
>
> This isn't even the slightest bit difficult for me.  It's old code that has
> served us well for a very long time.  I'm completely proud of my
> contributions here and completely happy to have it all ripped out and
> replaced by something that meets the current needs of the project.
>
> ...and you didn't actually read my original comments.  I'm recommending all
> or nothing, and favoring "all" where "all" is a complete conversion to the
> currently preferred formatting style.  If "all" means replacing the code
> completely that's fine too.

Thanks for clarifying this.
(It was clear to me... ;-)

Since the use of the new tini parser has already been brought
upstream, and you have expressed your non-concerns, would you mind
pushing Volker's "remove unused code" patch (or giving your review),
so as to eliminate any remaining doubts, and thereby finally
settling this exasperating discussion? :-)

I would greatly appreciate this!

Thanks - Michael